Rose City Rollers Job Description
Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
About Rose City Rollers
The Rose City Rollers (RCR) mission is to serve women and girls who want to play the team sport of roller
derby, connect with an inclusive community, and realize their power both on skates and off.
Founded in 2004, RCR is the largest roller derby league in the world and continues to grow. We are currently
seeking a new practice and event venue and are looking for the right person to join our team of passionate
staff and volunteers.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating + implementing RCR’s marketing plan, managing the volunteer marketing committee and achieving the organization’s marketing goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee creation and execution of annual Marketing Plan and adjust as needed based on data
- Lead an all-volunteer marketing committee broken into a variety of smaller “execution teams”
- Track deadlines and projects including making quick adjustments for things like slow ticket sales
- Create compelling marketing campaigns on a variety of platforms
- Build, support, and train volunteers within Marketing Execution Teams (Social Media, Art, Web, Merch, Public Relations, and Street Team) with support from Operations Manager
- Ensure all execution teams have documentation – guidebooks
- Big tasks in 2018: create major fundraising campaign marketing plan + website re-design
- 2 or more years of relevant marketing experience
- 2 or more years in managing volunteers
- Experience planning data driven marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of a diverse set of media including: Video content creation, social media, print media, broadcast, etc.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude; high degree of initiative; strategic thinking, ability to deal with ambiguity and quickly adjust to emerging marketing needs
- Impeccable verbal and written communications skills
- Computer skills including database + project management programs (Office, Sharepoint, Trello)
- Able and willing to work frequent nights and weekends
- Able and willing to work from home on personal equipment (computer, phone, etc.)
- Reliable transportation to the venue and other off-site locations as needed
Work Schedule: This role is 20hrs/week. Work often happens on weekends and evenings. Outside of activities and meetings, work is done from a home office, typically M-F, 9-5.
Compensation: $21.5/hr, reviewed annually. Benefits include paid vacation and sick time, a flexible schedule, and a monthly tech stipend.
Applying for Position
When responding to this position:
- Put the position title in the subject line
- Include your resume
- Include 3 references
- Answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for the Rose City Rollers?
- Tell us about a time you planned and executed a marketing campaign that included a variety of media? Explain the successes and challenges of the campaign.
- How would you keep an all-volunteer workforce engaged and on task over weeks, months, and years?
- Where did you see this job posting?
Applicants should apply to email@example.com Applications will be accepted through Friday, May 4th at 5pm. Additional important dates below.
- 5/4 Position closes at 5pm
- 5/7 Phone interviews offered
- 5/11 Phone Interviews scheduled between 11:30-1:30pm
- 5/17 In person interviews at 4-7pm the Oaks Park Hangar.
- Interview results communicated – we will contact everyone regardless of result.
- 6/1 Ideal start date, but flexible based on the needs of the right candidate