Rose City Rollers Job Description
Title: Development and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
About Rose City Rollers
The Rose City Rollers (RCR) mission is to serve women and girls who want to play the team sport of roller derby, connect with an inclusive community, and realize their power both on skates and off.
Founded in 2004, RCR is the largest roller derby league in the world and continues to grow. We are currently seeking a new practice and event venue and are looking for the right person to join our team of passionate staff and volunteers.
The Development and Marketing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy in conjunction with RCR Leadership
- Recruit and train a team of volunteers to support development efforts with support from the Operations Manager
- Work to develop league wide culture of philanthropy
- Be prepared to design and implement a capital campaign
- Support team and program fundraising
- Write grant proposals and report to corporate, foundation, and government funders
- Develop and manage Board of Directors’ fundraising capacity
- Leverage key relationships and contacts within and outside of the league to meet development goals
- Oversee execution of annual Marketing Plan including ongoing Execution Team goal and timeline tracking
- Build, support, and train volunteers within Marketing Execution Teams (Social Media, Art, Web, Merch, Public Relations, and Street Team) with support from Operations Manager
- Ensure all execution teams have documentation – guidebooks
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of development and volunteer management experience
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Experience working with diverse employee, member, volunteer, and donor base
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude; high degree of initiative; strategic thinking and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good computer skills and knowledge of database programs (Microsoft Office, Donor Perfect, Trello)
- Able and willing to work frequent nights and weekends
- Able and willing to work from home on personal equipment (computer, phone, etc.)
- Reliable transportation to the venue and other off-site locations as needed
Work Schedule: This role is salaried at 40hrs/week. Work often happens on
Compensation: $47,476 per
Applying for Position
When responding to this position:
- Put the position title in the subject line
- Include your resume
- Include 3 references, at least one that can speak to your experience on a capital campaign
- Answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for the Rose City Rollers?
- How do you think fundraising in a derby environment may be different from a more traditional nonprofit setting?
- What is your experience supporting and/or running a capital campaign?
- What is your experience managing professional level volunteers?
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2/2/18 – Position closes at at 5pm
- 2/7/-2/8 – Phone Interviews scheduled between 11:30-1:30pm
- 2/15-16 – In person interviews at the Oaks Park Hangar. Will be scheduled in the evening.
- 2/19/18 – Interview results communicated – we will contact everyone regardless of result.
- 3/5 or earlier – Ideal start date, but flexible based on the needs of the right candidate
Required meetings in March for hired candidate
- 3/5 2pm-3:30pm (monthly staff meeting)
- Optional: 3/9-3/11 (bouts)