Rose City Rollers Administrative Assistant Job Description 2021
Title: Administrative Assistant II (Operations Specialist)
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant implements Rose City Rollers (a 501c3), procedures and policies while monitoring administrative projects. Additional core functions are customer service and supervision of the membership management portal. Further responsibilities include light bookkeeping, occasional project management, volunteer-oversight, and process documentation.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Manages the RCR membership management system (Wild Apricot) including inputting new members, payment reconciliation and process documentation
- Prepares bank deposits and works with leadership to implement streamlined financial processes
- Assists the ED and league leadership in project management
- Provides meeting assistance including preparation, note taking and follow up
- Assists in information systems management including SharePoint upkeep
- Oversees league-wide communication including updating handbooks, assisting with league meetings, and identifying ways to keep the RCR community informed
- Research and implement new processes to create efficiencies
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of previous related work experience
- 2-4 years of experience working with membership management software or a CRM platform (Wild Apricot experience preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills including de-escalation, spotting trends, and general communication skills
- Must be tech savvy (quick at self-learning) and tech resourceful (good at process improving via tech)
- Experience with cloud-based collaboration software (e.g., SharePoint, Trello, O365)
- Experience working with project management software or project management processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Positive, “can-do” attitude with a high degree of initiative and the ability to work with diverse groups of people or independently
- Experience supervising volunteers and delegating effectively
- Have a personal computer capable of running needed software
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be fully vaccinated again COVID-19
This role is full time at 40hrs/week. Work often happens on weekends and evenings. Outside of activities and meetings, work is done from a home office, typically M-F, 9-5.
$37K – $42K, salaried exempt, reviewed annually. Benefits include paid vacation, holiday pay, sick time, a flexible schedule, a monthly tech stipend, full paid health benefits, and participation in Oregon Saves retirement savings program.
Applying for Position
Please complete this form and be prepared to upload a document that includes your resume, three references and cover letter (optional), as well as answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Rose City Rollers?
- Tell us about your membership management experience that lets you know you’d be able to handle RCR’s 500+ members.
- Tell us about a time you used technology to improve a process or system. Describe the change and how you ensured success of the process moving forward.
- Tell us about a time your interpersonal skills helped turn a negative work situation into a positive.
Hiring Timeline – we will try to stick this as close as possible and will notify candidates of date changes. All candidates will be notified if they are moving forward or not.
11/11 Application period opens
12/2 Application period closes
12/4 Phone Interviews invites sent
12/8 Phone Interviews
12/16 Zoom Interviews
1/3 Proposed start