Rose City Rollers Non-Profit Bookkeeper Job Description
Responsibilities and Duties
The bookkeeper is responsible for handling RCR’s financial record keeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, and executing payroll.
Bookkeeper’s regular duties:
- Cash – record revenues and expenses in QuickBooks Online for eight bank accounts, weekly
- A/R – verify and record payments for 600 members and sponsors; prepare monthly AR reports
- A/P – meet with ED bi-weekly to record A/P invoices & write checks, filing and W-9 management
- Banking – reconcile bank accounts monthly, manage inter-company transfers and review with ED
- Payroll – compile, execute via Quickbooks Online, report review with ED, payroll tax management, administration of Oregon Saves employee IRA program
- Budget/1099/W-2/990 – assist with annual budget prep, input into Quickbooks, create 1099s, create W-2s in Quickbooks, communicate taxes, prepare books for 990 to be done by Accountant
- Monthly Financials – create journal entries, manage transfers, prep Budget to Actual, P&L, and Balance Sheets
- General Bookkeeping tasks – communicate with league members as needed, complete reports per league schedule, ensure file management is done, attend Budget Finance monthly meetings the first Tuesday of the month at 6pm, and work with the ED and Admin to improve financial processes
- At least two years nonprofit bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online in a nonprofit setting
- At least two years payroll experience, preferably in Quickbooks
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Excellent at follow-up and tracking projects through to completion
- Excited to work well with a diverse group of paid and unpaid staff, skater and parents
Work Schedule: This role is 11 hrs /week, primarily done from a home office. On-site work is required for bi-weekly check processing, monthly Budget meetings and other meetings as needed. Must be available during some normal work hours if communication is needed.
Compensation: $22/hr, reviewed annually. Benefits include paid vacation, holiday pay, sick time, a flexible schedule, a monthly tech stipend and participation in Oregon Saves retirement savings program.
Applying for Position
Please complete this form and be prepared to upload a document that includes your resume, two professional references and cover letter (optional), as well as answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for the Rose City Rollers?
- Why would your work experience make you the best candidate?
- Share an experience when you applied new technology or information in a bookkeeping position. How did it benefit your company?
- With 8 bank accounts, 150+ bank statement entries monthly, complex inter-company transfers and a 140 line chart of accounts, RCR’s finances can feel more complex than expected. What excites you about this, what concerns you?
Applications will be accepted until 7pm Oct 26th. We will be phone screening throughout the application window and will communicate those time slots via email. In-person interviews will likely be Nov 1st 3-6p.