Derby Daze All-Star Bootcamp | August 11-13, 2017!
Registration Opens May 5th
Looking for some solid derby learning from two time World Champions? Then Derby Daze is for you! This year we are focusing on innovative offensive strategies, defensive techniques that facilitate that aggressive offense, and jammer skills that can best the toughest of walls.
New This Year!
- More time on skates!
- Saturday night event: Sur5al Tournament – read more about that below!
- Updated scrimmage format so you get more focused skate time with your Wheels coaches!
- Open to all genders and skill levels
- Rookie track open to skaters who want a little time on skates and a lot of time observing!
- Rad evening events open to all participants and friends
- The event starts on Friday night with a welcome event.
- We will post a final schedule later in the summer. While we don’t have exact times yet, we can tell you that Saturday and Sunday clinic and scrimmage will most likely run between 8am and 5pm. The Rookie track will happen first thing in the morning.
- Evening activity times are not set yet. We expect they will run approximately 6pm-10pm.
- Thanks for your patience! We will update you on times as soon as all the details are solid!
- Open to and inclusive of all genders
- Must be 18+
- Have WFTDA, USARS, CRDA, or MRDA insurance. If you are traveling from another country and have travel insurance, please contact email@example.com
- Be affiliated with a recognized roller derby league
Rookie: You are super fresh to derby and eager to learn more! You are not yet confident on your skates and are probably still working to pass the WFTDA Minimum Skating Skill Standards. You may be okay with limited light contact, but the prospect of spending all day in skates is a little daunting. You’re working towards a breakthrough with some of your basic skills. This group is a little different than the other three: after spending an hour in the morning learning on skates, you’ll have the rest of the day to watch classes off skates and take home lots of drills to work on later. It’s a great opportunity for even the most brand new skaters to learn. Please register for the Rookie skater program and pick Rookie as your skill level.
Developing: You may have passed or be close to passing the WFTDA minimum skating skill standards, but you’re not yet ready to scrimmage. You can safely stop, hit, and keep up in a pace line, though you may not feel confident stopping with someone pushing on you, reacting quickly to events on the track, or executing skills with lots of control. While you understand the rules, you want to delve into the hows and the whys of the game. You’re looking for instruction to nail down key skills and hone your derby smarts.Intermediate: You’re good to go with all your WFTDA Minimum Skills Requirements, and you are comfortable and experienced in scrimmage and/or game environments. Maybe you’re not totally comfortable skating backwards or jamming against tough walls, but you’ve competed against other teams. You can usually execute common strategies and techniques, and you’re at Derby Daze to continue to build on top of your solid derby foundation.
Advanced: You have actively followed current derby through bouting, both inter- and intraleague. You can explain with your brains and brawn notions of walls, offense, and complex pack definition. You are comfortable in the world of 3D and 2D walls, and are ready to hone your hitting technique and offensive timing, tighten up your plows and hockey stops. You are ready to level up with high end strategy and sick execution of basic skills. Let us hone your understanding of what the best teams in the world are up to.