Want a free Rose City Rollers T-Shirt?
Who doesn’t want a (another) derby t-shirt?
And a free one at that?
Get out of here, right?
One of the discussions that we have been having here in The Hangar is about the scope of our audience: who you are, where you are, what you’re like, etc. Sure, we could run Google Analytics or Twitter Analytics but, hey, let’s be honest, those things don’t say much about you as a person. If there’s one thing that we know about the people who play and watch derby, it’s that they—you— are more than a “unique visitor per month.”
Derby is a global community. We all know this. Everyone says it all the time. For once, though, it would be great to see that idea be demonstrated as a reality. Let’s use the Intertubes to hammer the point home.
We hosted the London Rollergirls at our Hometown Throwdown this past year, we skated against Argentina’s 2×4 Roller Derby and Montreal’s New Skids on the Block in Seattle; and we enjoyed watching Malmö and skating against Melbourne at the Championships in Philadelphia. Do we have anyone from Japan following us? South Africa? Ireland? Finland?
With that in mind, we thought that we would start off 2018 with a little fun: take a photo of yourself holding a sign that mentions the Rose City Rollers in a friendly and fun way along with where you are taking the photo and, if you happen to be the person furthest away from The Hangar (45.4719, -122.6616), we will send you a t-shirt.
The rules (such as they are):
- Post your photo on either Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram;
- Be sure to tag us (i.e., post to our Facebook page, “at” us on our Twitter account, etc.);
- If you use Twitter, let’s try something else: tag the photo with #wearederby to see if we can’t maybe get this to trend;
- As many people can be in the photo as you want (i.e., your team, your league, your friends) but only one shirt is going out (like every roller derby league, we are, at the end of the day, a non-profit);
- Be awesome. If you are involved in or follow derby, you are awesome; we want to see that awesomeness in how you approach the photo (read: we don’t get out as much as we’d like so your photos give us a chance to live vicariously through you); and
- The contest will close on 12 January 2018 at 5:00 p.m. PST (the day before our 2018 season kicks off!).
Oh, while the person who submits the photo (or their designated recipient) wins the t-shirt, we will have two “honorable mentions.” This will be our (completely arbitrary and non-quantifiable) way of recognizing a great submission (same basic rules apply though).
We look forward to seeing, and getting to know, more of you!