Rose City Rollers is the largest roller derby league in the world. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that strives to empower women and girls through full contact roller derby. As a grassroots organization, we are excited to offer meaningful and rewarding volunteer opportunities to our community. While volunteers are absolutely encouraged to use their experience with us in their portfolios, we are not inferring that portfolio building is the reason to volunteer with us.
But what WOULD be great reasons to volunteer?
- This is going to be way more fun than your day job. I mean, roller derby. It’s awesome.
- You get to help a life changing nonprofit visualize our mission through your art, which is critical to our mission’s success!
- Meet other cool designers – our crew is really talented, fun, and committed.
- Ever want to try something new, but you haven’t been given the leeway you need? You can probably get it here. We love new ideas!
- Lots of opportunities to come watch roller derby for free, of course!
We are currently seeking 5+ graphic design volunteers to create a variety of products including handbills, website content, banners, program designs and more for 2018. The ideal candidates will have a keen eye for design, exceptional attention to detail, consistency, proofing ability, and a strong desire to take on new challenges. Knowledge of Rose City Rollers and/or roller derby is helpful. Time commitment will depend on projects and work load flow, but each project should take between 10 and 20 hours to complete.