- Rose City Rollers Handbook must be read. Be prepared to sign an acknowledgement form
- Wreckers Handbook must be read. Be prepared to sign an acknowledgement form
- Complete the online orientation registration form
- Print, fill out and sign the RCR waiver (pdf) and bring to orientation
- Skater Insurance will be discussed at Orientation. To join you will be asked to purchase this insurance on a yearly basis and will be provided instructions on how to do so online through WFTDA: MANDATORY WFTDA insurance will cost $60/ year if you join Jan-June 1; Prorated $35 if joining after July 1.
- Please bring CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY to pay your initial dues: For Derby 101 $50. For those assessed with skating skills advanced enough to join Wrecker’s skills and drill practices (skipping Derby 101) standard league dues $30 monthly or $35 for 7 visits (punch-card).
- All skaters are strongly encouraged to have primary insurance coverage prior to skating and must have WFTDA to skate with the league
- Per accident maximum: $10,000
- Deductible: $7,500 (without primary insurance) or $1,500 (with primary insurance)
- General liability for skater and venue: $5 Million
- Injuries sustained during practice must be reported to Wreckers admin and Insurance
- Accident reports must be filed within 14 days
- Wear comfortable workout clothes and sneakers. You will be expected to participate in a general conditioning workout (off skates) with other members of the Wreckers program
- Bring skate gear if you want a gear inspection – no skating during orientation
- Paperwork and checks are submitted for processing
- Learn about the Rose City Rollers and the Wreckers program
- Learn how to become more involved and get hooked up with a mentor
- If you would like you may have your gear checked and recommendations made for upgrades or replacement parts
What Gear Do I Need?
Safety is sexy! It is important to purchase high quality knee pads, wrist guards and elbow pads – you’ll be using them a lot!! New skates and gear typically runs $200 – $300.
- Well fitted quad roller skates (typically jam or short boot style) (No inline or roller blade skates)
- Properly fitted helmet
- Knee pads
- Wrist guards
- Elbow pads
- Mouth guard (boil and fit at home)
- Crash pads (optional, but helpful if you’re very new to skating)
- Non-glass water-bottle (no glass allowed in the Hangar)
Where Can I Buy Derby Gear?
- Oaks Park Skate Shop (RCR members receive a nice discount!)
- Wait to receive your authorization to skate email before joining practice
- Get enrolled on the RCR Forum
- Sign-up to be a member of the Google group
- Find us on Facebook and ask to join the group, also be sure to “like” our public page
- Sign-up with the Volunteer management system
- Let us know if your address, insurance, or personal information changes