The Rose City Rollers are proud to invite you to join the Rose City Wreckers, a recreation program designed to further the competitive sport of flat track roller derby. The program is open to all women aged 18 and older interested in playing derby at any level. Wreckers are afforded the same benefits as all other league members- including regular skating time, participation in events, and opportunities to pitch in- without the level of commitment and time demanded by bouting league teams.
Wreckers Mission Statement
The Rose City Rollers Wreckers are a diverse group of skaters empowering women to discover their own athletic potential. We challenge ourselves and our derby sisters to improve our skills in a collaborative and fun environment. As a division of RCR we support the league’s mission and actively promote roller derby in the community.
Our values are:
Who Should Join
Women 18 and older who…
- Are interested in the competitive sport of flat track roller derby
- Are looking for a fun way to work out (seriously, way more fun than the gym and cheaper!)
- Want training from experienced coaches (seasoned RCRs and RCR referees)
- Want to hone their derby skills for the next fresh meat tryouts (tryouts are generally held every 6 months)
What Wreckers do:
- Learn and hone derby skills through exercises and drills coached by the best of RCR. During practice we use many of the same drills that are used at team practices including footwork, muscle strength, weaving, whipping, hitting, pack awareness, and jamming
- Earn scrimmaging privileges through our Wreckers Skill level system (see below) and play derby in a safe environment
- Support RCR and our community
- Make friends and build a strong supportive sisterhood of skaters
|Derby 101 Wreckers
||Wreckers|| Green Level Scrimmage Wreckers
|Stopping (T-stop, plow etc.)||Speed control||Hits legally and with force|
|Proper falling||Keeping up with pace line||Responds safely to hits|
|Pushing||Real hitting||Serpentine/advanced agility|
|Assists (whips, pushes)||Learning strategy/rules||Avoid skaters falling in front|
|Light contact||Fast turnaround and stops at pace||WFTDA Minimum Skills passed|
|Skating around people||Endurance Drills (27/5, 50 lap)||WFTDA Rules Test passed|
|Turn around/skate backwards||Jumping small objects/landing|
When are practices held?
We have practices on Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays. Derby 101 is held on Sundays. More information regarding times will be provided at Orientation.
For questions please contact the Wreckers Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about Orientation please contact email@example.com. We can’t wait to skate with you!