The Rose City Rollers’ Fresh Meat training program prepares skaters for derby play at the competitive level by providing the skills and conditioning necessary to play for RCR teams. All incoming skaters are required to take part in the Fresh Meat program to be eligible for a league draft. Skaters who survive the Fresh Meat program are drafted to become the newest Rose City Rollers players.
Interested in playing competitive roller derby with the Rose City Rollers? Tryouts are typically held every 3-6 months. If you are new to roller derby and want to give skating a try, consider checking out the Wreckers recreational team to learn roller derby basics and prepare for tryouts.
Next Tryouts: December 17, 2015, 8:30pm
- Doors open 30 minutes before tryouts, for those participating.
- Arrive early to get paperwork filled out, geared up, warmed up and ready to begin on time. Tryouts begin at 8:30pm, make sure you come at least 15-20 minutes before that.
- Previous skating experience is strongly recommended.
- You must have all safety gear including helmet, knee and elbow pads, wrist guards and a pre-formed mouth guard.
- Tryouts are closed to non-skating visitors.
For more information, use the Contact Us form and choose Fresh Meat.