Photo Credit: Regularman Photography
The Rose City Rollers’ Fresh Meat training program prepares skaters for derby play at the competitive level by providing the skills and conditioning necessary to play for one of the four RCR home teams. All incoming skaters are required to take part in the Fresh Meat program to be eligible for a league draft.
Interested in playing competitive roller derby with the Rose City Rollers? If you have previous derby experience and would like to transfer, use the Contact Us form and choose Transfers. Otherwise, tryouts are typically held approximately every 6 months (January & June).
If you are new to roller derby and want to give skating a try, consider checking out the Wreckers program to learn roller derby basics and prepare to join Fresh Meat. Wreckers is also a great fit for those who have played before but don’t have the time to commit to the Fresh Meat program or another RCR team.
Interested in becoming a Rose City Roller, but the financial commitment feels prohibitive right now? Don’t fret! Rose City Rollers is committed to making derby as accessible as possible and to that end have launched the Rob Lobster Memorial Scholarship in memory of our friend and coach. Check out this page to learn more about our scholarship programs!
Next Tryouts: TBD
- UPDATE: Please RSVP by completing the FM Tryout RSVP form. (Closed until next tryout is scheduled)
- UPDATE: If you are trying out and are NOT a current RCR member, please print, fill out, and sign the Skater Intake Packet and bring it to tryouts (note that you do not need the last page – you are expected to have your own gear).
- Doors open 30 minutes before tryouts, for those participating.
- Arrive early to get paperwork filled out, geared up, warmed up and ready to begin on time. Tryouts begin at 6:00pm, make sure you come at least 15-20 minutes before that.
- Previous skating experience is strongly recommended.
- You must have all safety gear including helmet, knee and elbow pads, wrist guards and a pre-formed mouth guard.
- Tryouts are closed to non-skating visitors.
For more information, use the Contact Us form and choose Fresh Meat.