Rose City Rollers Job Description
Title: Junior Program Coordinator
Reports to: RCR Executive Director
Download a pdf of this job description: Junior Program Coordinator Job Description.
This position leads and supports the Rose City Rollers Junior Derby Program and supports the league’s mission to serve women and girls who want to play the team sport of roller derby, connect with an inclusive community, and realize their power both on skates and off.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement strategic plans through delegation, communication, and timeline management
- Keep documentation accurate, updated, and communicated to skaters, families, and coaches/program volunteers. Documentation includes but is not limited to handbooks, contact lists, calendars, job descriptions, and more.
- Actively participate as a member of league leadership through attending required meetings and living league values
- Build relationships with families and coaches to develop and maintain an engaged volunteer base
- Organize inter- and intraleague scheduling of bouts with the Bouts and Facilities Manager
- Implement juniors promotions timelines including, but not limited to, social media presence, handbill distribution, and newsletter creation in coordination with Development and Marketing Manager
- Adhere to and track annual program budget
- Oversee disciplinary process by tracking and direct communication
- Sense of humor, quick wit, diplomacy, and ability to perform with grace under pressure is a MUST
- Exceptional written and in person communication – clear, professional, and consistent
- Demonstrable experience building community in a diverse environment
- Experience working with juniors (ages 7-18) preferred
- Late afternoon, evening, and weekend availability, and flexibility to change schedule based on time sensitive ad hoc projects
- Tech savvy: Required – Microsoft Office Suite (online and desktop), Outlook, Google Calendar; Bonus – Sharepoint
- Experience in event management preferred
- Passion for promoting the mission of the Rose City Rollers
- Experience working with and managing a diverse volunteer staff
- Must pass a background check
- Applicants should expect to work 23 hours/week in this role
- Most work is done from a home office. Personal computer, cell phone, and car/transportation are required.
- Applicants should expect to earn $16/hour, benefits include paid sick and vacation time
Applying for Position
When responding to this position, please put the position title in the subject line, include your resume,
and answer the following questions:
- What is your program coordination or similar experience?
- What is an example of how you have built community and what challenges presented themselves? How did you work through or overcome those challenges?
- What excites you about this opportunity?
- What is your experience with working with others including delegation and collaboration? Provide an example of a time you worked with others to achieve a common objective.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com and applications will be accepted through 5pm on March 2, 2017.
Our Timeline and What You Should Expect:
- Mar 2 5pm job closes
- Mar 3 Call to offer phone interviews to select candidates
- Mar 6 11a,-1pm – phone interviews
- Week of Mar 9 3-6pm – 2-3 in person interviews – there will be an activity sent to you in advance if you make it to in person interviews
- Mar 12 12-4pm working interview at bout for 1-2 candidates
- Mar 13 or 14th job offer
It goes without saying that sometimes timelines falter a bit, but this is our plan. If you are applying for this job, please be sure you are available for each step.