With over 850 active volunteers, RCR is a 501(c)3 non-profit that is almost entirely volunteer-run. In 2014, volunteers contributed over 23,000 hours of their time, and we would not be where we are without everyone’s continued support. Thank you to all of our amazing volunteers, for your support of the league!
Want to join the volunteer team?
Meetings and Opportunities of Interest
Join us for our first ever Events Volunteer Open House Feb. 28th from 6-7:30pm at the Oaks Park Hangar!
If you love the idea of being part of what makes our events amazing, if you want to meet new people, or if you want to hang out with that friend or loved one that joined the league as a skater and they’re always skating now, this is the event for you! Meet current volunteers staffing events, find out about all the moving pieces, and let us know what you think you might like to do.
Areas of events represented will be:
- Front Desk Lead – make sure everyone gets tickets and gets in the door. Great role for friendly people who like doing customer service.
- Raffle – learn about selling tickets and dressing up all fancy. Raffle is a big part of our annual fundraising and is great for outgoing people who love glitter.
- Purple Reign – talk to strangers about roller derby and wear a super cute purple shirt. Don’t know a lot about derby? It’s okay! We train!
- Assistant Events Coordinators – great resume booster if you think you’d like to work in events. Learn ALL the in’s and outs. Great candidates will have awesome critical thinking skills and can remain calm under chaos.
- Sound Technicians – play will all of our equipment and keep it doing what it needs to do at events.
- Merch Sales – be the face behind the merch table. Help sell the swag that promotes the league. Options for league and team merch available.
- Medics – if you have a medical background, we would love to talk to you about being a medic! The medic supports an OHSU doctor at all public events to keep skaters and fans safe.
- Yellow Shirts – don’t have a lot of time, but want to help out? This is a great option. Come once a year, come every bout, we love you all the same. Tasks include checking wrist bands, getting butts in seats, and helping answer fans’ questions.
Did you miss your chance to volunteer at a bout this month? It’s not too late to volunteer! Check out our Volunteer Opportunities to find out what positions we’re looking to fill!
Graphic Design: We are currently seeking 2-4 more graphic design volunteers to create a variety of products including handbills, website content, banners, program designs and more. Email the Volunteer Manager for application instructions.
Social Responsibility (Community Partnerships): Help us do great things in the community! We need 2 people to help with organizing outreach events and working with new community partners. We’d also love to bring on a few people who don’t want to lead but can help with other tasks, like staffing tables, getting sign ups done, and things along that line. Email the Volunteer Manager for application instructions.
Medics: We need medics to help us keep bouts safe. If you have a medical background, check out our full position description to see if your credentials match our needs. If you’re interested in helping, email our Medic Coordinator.
If you see something you like, fill out our application and we’ll be in touch! Most positions have supplemental questions, so please be sure to complete your application process. Don’t see anything that fits your unique talents? Feel free to e-mail us with ideas about your skills, and what you’re interested in.